Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 Patron Saints

This year I am starting with a new Patron Saint for the year. This will be my first year participating and I am so elated. I first heard about doing this at The Hell With It and asked Jessica to give My Husband and I a saint together and also one for just myself. Drum roll please....


Saint Maximilian Kolbe 


Saint Isidore the Farmer


Jennifer at Conversion Diary also has a Saints name generator. When I went to Jennifer's site I clicked on the Saints name generator and I curiously wanted to see who came up. It's so funny how the Lord works. I was generated Saint Isidore the Farmer again. I exited after that and fully accepted my 2013 Patron Saints. I know of St. Maximillian Kolbe but not Saint Isidore the Farmer. I am looking forward to getting to know my new friends for the year! :) 


On another note.. if you could keep our family in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated. We have a new adventure that we are starting. It came up unexpected but we decided to run with what was put in front of us. Which is......



Yup, those of you that know me personally probably think I am crazy about now. I think I am right there with you in questioning my sanity. We did homeschool with Vivi last year but after we had Bear and we moved she wanted to try to go to school in the local elementary school where her cousin goes as well. The school is a really good school and everyone there is really sweet so I was pretty shocked when an opening came up in a home study program she was on a wait list for. I immediately half declined because of the fear I had of puling her out of school mid year... AGAIN... but after praying about it and talking with my husband, my daughter and some friends, we decided to do it. I am very nervous about doing this with the boys but I think I have enough support to be successful with it.  

WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!! I can't wait for all the adventures this year will bring and being able to make God and learning go hand in hand is a blessing that we have missed. 
  

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good luck with the homeschooling!

We used Jen's saint generator and other than my dh, we all got sort of "no name" saints, a fact which has my kids kind of miffed, lol.

St. Isidore the Farmer, pray for us!