Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday! 

As for my family, well... we had a different type of wonderful. We had plans to go to My Mom's house for Thanksgiving but things changed last minute. Bear woke up Tuesday morning with a really high fever that lasted all through Thanksgiving. I thought with my 3rd child I wouldn't be so doctor crazy but being that my 6 month old had a 103.5 fever I couldn't resist and my worry got the best of me. So I took him in and all of the tests were normal. When my kids have high fevers without any other symptoms I usually worry about ear infections but thankfully that was ruled out during the visit Tuesday afternoon. So we waited it out and my little bear was miserable for the next few days. Yesterday his fever went down a little but was still running a low grade. So we ended up staying at home for Thanksgiving. We were disappointed at first but it was still nice to spend the day together as a family and just have fun. My husband had a lot of fun outside game time with the kids and I got some uninterrupted reading time while Bear was napping.  Which, by the way, after reading a few stories from Full of Grace I received an even greater sense of Thankfulness. 

I tried to figure out what I could pull together to have some sort of festive Thanksgiving dinner with what I had in our house besides the two big boxes of stuffing I was planning to make for my Mom's house.  But, I ended up not having to. My Sister -in-law so graciously brought over tons of left over food from every dish that she had had from her Thanksgiving with her family at her home. So we ended up having our own little Thanksgiving feast after all. With everyone listing all their favorite things they were Grateful for. Little Optimus' was especially cute with his list of, "Im Grateful for God, and Jesus, and Daddy and Daddy giving me toys." Those are the moments I am Thankful for the most. Seeing the love of God in their hearts. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, we are doing some fun fall activities and taking advantage of the nice weather. 


Although our printer cut off the top of St. Anthony's name, my kids had a blast with this scavenger hunt. We got the idea from Shower of Roses blog and found an easy printable. Thank you! 


1 comment:

Jessica Gordon said...

How sweet of your sister-in-law! I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, and I loved seeing the pictures of your cute kids with the printable scavenger hunt!

God bless you and your family! :)