Monday, November 19, 2012

I WON!!!! I WON!!!


About 2 years I got Sirius XM Radio in my car and my father-in-law told me about The Catholic Channel. It was wonderful to listen to as I was in the car and I was getting to know the different shows very quickly. Soon after, I started taking my kids to visit Great Grandma, which is about 30 minutes away from where we lived about once a week. So about once a week I started driving and listening to The Catholic Channel. Shortly after, I stumbled across a show called, The Catholic’s Next Door. Married couple Greg and Jennifer Willits put on the show about various Catholic and family topics and also includes different guests, authors, etc.
 As a recent Catholic Convert and as a Catholic Mother and Wife I remember being happily surprised that there was such a fun, family oriented and educational show was on the radio!  It was about a year after I completed RCIA and was confirmed in the Catholic Church and I was very eager to learn everything I could about my faith and my faith as it pertains to my vocation as a Mother and a Wife. I started listening to their show every time I was able to as we were driving. 
They just recently went off the radio and went back to recording Podcasts exclusively for their faithful listeners. I was sad to see them go off the radio but I was super relieved that they went back to Podcasts. Especially since I can listen to their show anytime now and download their podcasts on my iPhone and listen anywhere.

Last week, I entered their super pack giveaway, which included:

      Envoy for Christ by Patrick Madrid (Franciscan Media)
            Yours is the Church by Mike Aquilina (Franciscan Media)
            Wrapped Up: God's Ten Gifts for Women by Teresa Tomeo & Cheryl Dickow (Franciscan Media)
            Jesus: What Catholics Believe by Alan Schreck (Franciscan Media)
            God's Mighty Servant DVD (Ignatius Press)
            Terrapin: A Mystery by T.M. Doran (Ignatius)
            Fools, Liars, Cheaters, and Other Bible Heroes (Franciscan Media)
            Compassion: Living in the Spirit of St. Francis (Franciscan Media)
            Would You Date You? by Anthony Buono (Franciscan Media)
                        Abandoned by Monica Migliorino Miller (St. Benedict Press)

I’ve entered a handful of blog giveaways but have never won so I wasn’t very confident in entering a contest that I knew would get a lot of attention and entries. BUUUuuuuttt, I thought I would give it a try at the last minute. To make a long story short, I woke up this morning and quickly looked through my inbox and I saw that I WON!!! Yup, that’s right!!! I WON the super prize pack giveaway!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! I am so ecstatic!! So thank you very much Jennifer and Greg Willits for picking me and I look forward to receiving my prizes! And to all my many readers (chuckling as I’m writing that) out there you should go and check them out when you can. What I really love about them is they are real. They talk about real family issues and are very honest about their feelings and concerns. They do it with sincerity, lots of humor and conviction. They have been an inspiration to me and my family. You can view them at http://thecatholicsnextdoor.newevangelizers.com. In their 4th podcast that came out this evening they announced me as the winner, which I will write off as my 5 seconds of fame. J




This week’s book:


I actually bought this book a year ago but hadn’t had a chance to read it yet. I have been thinking about it for a few months now but I will begin reading this book tonight and I will keep you all update. Let me know if you read it and what you thought about it. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congratulations!! That's exciting. What a lot of books!