Tuesday, November 27, 2012

God Has Other Plans

Little Bear has been teething this last week like I've never experienced before. After being sick last week he finally got better over the weekend and actually slept through the night again Sunday night. But last night...I could tell that his 7th tooth(is a 6month old supposed to have 7 teeth?)  was just about to break through and I have the marks to prove it..Along with Jay now sporting a set of beautiful bright red raised set of teeth marks on his shoulder. Was it bad that I laughed about it and added in a "well now you know how I feel."?

Anyways.. After a long night of teething and a million failed attempts of teething remedies he finally went down for the night around 10pm. While I settled into bed a little while later and I could hear him rustling around in his crib I said a quick prayer. "Lord, please give Bear comfort and allow him to get a good nights sleep."... HA! Why did I do that? Of course.. God always has other plans. So after a few times of him getting up and going back to sleep I finally got a few hours in when Vivi woke me up...I look at the clock..5:00 am..Great, an hour or so before I have to get up for the day. After getting her back to sleep and laying back down I sort of chuckled and waited until Bear got up again.
Before forcing myself out of bed this morning to get ready for the day, I second guessed myself but I did it anyways... Said a quick prayer..including our wonderful Mother Mary that she help me throughout the day. And then got right into the day.

Of course God always has other plans. So I scrambled to get my kids out the door so I can get Vivi to school and noticed my gas cap was opened in my car. Ummm... huh? And of course the lingering smell of gas was very strong. I looked at Little Optimus who didn't walk out of the house until after me and wondered if he could have done this somehow but he was just as confused as I was. Looked at my watch.. Vivi had 8 minutes until the school bell rang.. Got them all in the car and took off while notifying my husband.

So just to inform you.. I live in one of the safest town and neighborhoods ever. I have horse carriages that walk by, not hoodlums with rubber tubes stealing gas out of peoples cars.

But I finally got Vivi to school while trying to explain to Optimus why we could turn the car around just to get him a cup of OJ to take with. Got home.. Made him and Bear breakfast when I realized it... We only had one banana and i just took a piece off to give it to Bear. Little Optimus, who never eats bananas in the morning all of a sudden wanted his own... He has a scary little fear of germs and wont share food or eat from someone else's plate. Then it started.. Temper tantrum of the year.. which included lots of screaming and throwing and well... you get the point... Where is my cup of coffee??

So anyways.. My morning kept going from there.. And for a minute I had the conversation with God... "Well, you know God...I kinda asked to have a good smooth day today." Then of course I began thinking... God has other plans. And I smiled very peacefully. Remembering all the other times in my life while the bigger issues came about and I prayed and prayed and God choose to say no or not right now.. But he always has his plans and they always seem to be the right way. I gave my life to him to do with what he wants. I promised I would follow him. It might not be the easiest thing to do but it has been the happiest and best thing I have ever done. To follow God's plans for me and to know that somehow it will come together the way he wants to is an extremely peaceful feeling. I am yours Jesus! And then I began to pray again...

"Thank you... For my wonderful and healthy blessings! Today may be a little tiring but at least I have my family.. and at least I have a bed to sleep in and peaceful nights in a home and a country that isn't be bombed or going through any natural disaster.. Thank you! Thank you for drawing me close so I can follow you and allow Our Blessed Mother Mary to give me strength and love through the trying times of stubborn boys."

I know when today is over I will still be praising God. No matter how tired or exhausted I am. because my home is filled with love and little hearts... And lots of laundry... God is Good. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has days like this after begging God for the opposite! :) The prayer you shared at the end was beautiful.

Amy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has days like this after begging God for the opposite! :) The prayer you shared at the end was beautiful.