Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Special Moments


 This past weekend my family went to visit my Mom’s side of the family in AZ for my cousin Jeff’s Wedding. This was a special visit for a few different reasons. It is always such a blessing when I get to visit my family and spend time with my Grandma and all of family in general. But this trip was the type of trip where you take in all the moments that you can as if it were playing in slow motion right in front of your eyes. My Aunt is one of the sweetest people I know and she is so much fun to be around even in her condition. She has a non-curable cancer right now and she is enjoying everyday that she can with such an inspiring grace. My cousin’s wedding was so beautiful the way it looked out over a beautiful lake and the weather was just perfect. His bride was absolutely beautiful as were their vows. During the wedding he shared a special Mother/son dance that will always be unforgettable. Sharing his dance with his two brothers, there was not a dry eye in the room. It was truly was one of the most beautiful but sad moments ever to experience. 
My beautiful aunt and handsome cousin during their special dance. 


It is hard for my Aunt to do a lot because her body can’t take much activity but she felt up to going to my Grandma’s house, where we were staying after the wedding. That evening with her really was a blessing. I got to just sit and talk with her about so much. We share a love of crafting and it so fun to talk to her about it all. And to get great tips! ;) Over time she has given me a few things that she has made and I have kept them all with honor. Her gifts are priceless to me. The love she puts into her hand made gifts are shown with every placement of material. This trip she gave me little gingerbread ornaments representing our family. Now, she could have given me painted rocks and I would still think of them as priceless because she made them but the gingerbread family was so adorable! She even mentioned how she wanted to make me more for my “future kids” but was unsure of which gender to make them. What a cute statement! J  I loved that!

My aunt put the kids names on theirs but I got familiar with iPhoto retouch for this post. 


Spending time my family is always filled with special moments and this trip was nothing short of unforgettable. 

We are back home now and catching up with things at home. Hubby has a few days off so he has been doing Christmas lights and we are decorating the house while I'm trying to unpack and get organized (or Blogging he he) 


This Week's Book

Seven Story Mountain by Thomas Merton

My Father-in-law and I share a love for similar books and this is one of the books I got from him. I started reading it awhile ago but got into a few other books a few chapters in and its taken the back seat.  But Im picking it back up and will be reading it this week.


Recent Crafts

While in AZ, I visited their local Joanne's and got some great deals on fabric there and picked up enough for a few different projects. I finally got the fabric I needed to make Little Optimus his Super Hero Cape. I decided to do his cape by hand drawing it so it is still not done yet. I got started with it yesterday but I need to make some adjustments to it before I post the picture.  

My daughter's Little Flowers group is doing a home made gift exchange and Vivi was soooo excited to do this! She loves keeping her little hands busy with crafts. She decided to make a rosary for her friend which was great because while I was in RCIA we made our own rosary out of smaller beads so I remembered how to make it. Beads are always so much fun to craft with and she had a blast doing it. 




Since we were in AZ we are getting a late start to celebrating Advent. I hope you all have blessed Advent season. 





No comments: